There is nothing better then a warm chocolate muffin straight from the oven as a little Friday treat! However, these little gluten and refined sugar free muffins can be eaten guilt free any day of the week!! I created this recipe a few weeks ago and haven’t looked back since…it is definitely my go to recipe for delicious and super simple muffins! The main ingredients are peanut butter, bananas and eggs; so they are great for a low carb, grain free and high protein snack that will fuel you up before or after a workout and anywhere in-between! They also are completely sugar free, with only natural sugars from the banana to sweeten it, there is no worry of an afternoon sugar slump or crashing energy levels.
I love them because they are so light and fluffy and you honestly can’t tell that they are healthy they taste exactly the same as normal ones. Although I haven’t experimented with a non-dairy milk alternative, I am sure it would work just as well with soya, almond or oat milk. Similarly, I am sure that almond butter would work just as well too!
Recipe for 12 muffins:
1 Medium Banana (make sure it is nice and spotty to maximise the sweetness)
1 Cup Peanut Butter (I use crunchy PB, with no added sugars or palm oil)
1 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Milk
100g Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Blend all the ingredients together apart from the chocolate in a blender or food processor, until all the ingredients are smooth and combined.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks.
- Stir the chocolate chunks into the muffin mixture until evenly spread throughout.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Fill the cases halfway with the mixture.
- Bake the muffins in the oven at 220 degrees for around 10-13 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Its as easy as that!! Make sure to let them cool slightly before devouring, they never last more than a day in my house!