Thai green curry, an absolute winner of a dish. But no student in their right mind would make their own curry paste from scratch, this recipe uses a shop bought paste which makes this dish so easy to whip together after a long day at uni.
I love to serve mine with naan bread or chapatis, but brown rice is just as good and healthier because it contains loads of whole grains and is not processed! But either or both are perfect to make this the best curry night ever. This recipe is also high in protein from the chicken and healthy fats from the coconut milk, so is a great option for a low carb meal if you leave out the rice/naan.
Recipe: Serves 2
- 2 skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Pak Choy
- 1 large handful of Sugar Snap Peas
- 5/6 Mushrooms
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Thai Green Paste.
- Salt and Pepper
- Finely dice the onion and cut the chicken into small chunks.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion and chicken.
- Once the chicken is coloured and is starting to brown add the coconut milk and curry paste.
- Stir it all together and leave it to simmer for around 10 mins
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer again until all the veggies are cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and hey presto you are done!
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment and enjoy.