I am not going to lie I am more of a tea drinker, just because it is quicker and I am impatient. But when I do want something sweeter and more filling I love making this hot chocolate recipe. It is refined sugar free and made from all natural ingredients so is definitely a healthy treat that will help to warm your cockles on a cold winters day.
This recipe is unbelievably simple and takes less than 5 minutes to make…so go and get your PJs and slippers on, find a goof film and treat your self to this dreamy cup of goodness!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 Cup Milk of your choice
- 2 tsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp Sweetener (I use Maple Syrup in this recipe but others e.g Coconut Sugar and Date Nectar will work too)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tsp Maca Powder
- Pour the milk and all the other ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Simmer the mixture on a low heat, making sure to whisk the milk so that all the ingredients are combined and there are no lumps left from the cacao powder.
- Once the milk starts to bubble, remove it from the heat and pour into a mug.
- Make sure you don’t boil your milk as this can rapidly get out of hand and go all over your cooker! It will also be far to hot to drink.
- That’s it! 5 minute healthy hot chocolate.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! As always, leave me some love in the comments or head over to my Instagram page for more healthy recipe ideas.