Another breakfast recipe coming at you…well lets be honest, when is french toast not acceptable as a lunch or dinner as well? Would you believe it though, this recipe is the bomb and is good for you at the same time?! With real ingredients and and no refined sugars this breakfast will be sure to keep you going and fuel your body for any adventures.
This recipe is ready in a flash and the finished product will be gone just as quick! Perfect for weekend brunch or if you have a little more time a midweek brekkie to perk up your week.
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- 2 pieces of Bread (try and use good quality, wholegrain, or sourdough)
- 2 Eggs
- Knob of butter/coconut oil
- Maple Syrup
- Toppings of your choice, my favourites include – banana, berries, peanut butter, homemade jams, cacao nibs, more cinnamon – whatever you fancy really!
- Crack one of the eggs into a shallow dish and whisk together with a dash of cinnamon.
- Place one of the pieces of bread in the egg mix and allow it to soak up the egg, turning over so that both sides are coated evenly.
- Repeat step 1&2 with the second piece of bread.
- Once you have soaked both of your pieces in the egg mix, heat a knob of butter/coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Add one piece of bread at a time and cook on each side until the egg is cooked through and golden.
- Repeat with the second piece.
- Serve up with your choice of toppings and enjoy!