Let’s all take a minute and pretend that we are in Cali, by the beach munching on Aca-ieeee bowls. This is probably my absolute favourite smoothie of all time, it’s so summery and fruity and it makes me feel like I should be surfing in Maui!
Acai berries are full of antioxidants and polyphenols (which make it purple) which aid digestion and help to boost your energy. It is also great for supporting your immune system and reducing tiredness…so generally an all around good egg. This is perfect to whip up in the morning, as it is so quick and delicious and will fuel you up for the day.
I use the @goodyfull acai powder, it comes in such convenient packages, and you can even get it on subscription so you never run out! Check them out for loads of great superfoods and goodies to spice up your smoothies and breakfasts in the morning. If you fancy 10% off on any of their products check them out at this link http://www.goodyfull.com?afmc=FransFS and use the code ‘FransFS’ at the check out.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 Ripe Banana
- Large Handful of Frozen Berries
- 1 Tbsp Acai Powder
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (unflavoured, vanilla or berry flavoured would work best here)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Splash of Milk
- 1 tsp natural sweetener e.g. maple syrup/date nectar/honey
- Blend all the ingredients in a high power blended or smoothie maker until all smooth and delicious.
- Pour into a bowl and top with all your favourite goodies.
- My favourites include; Peanut butter, granola, desiccated coconut, fruit, anything goes really!