Here we go with another student series recipe for you! This is as always super easy, super cheap and super quick to make as well as being super yummy! I always whip up a batch of this when I have a busy week at uni, so that I can freeze the rest and have my own ready meals on hand all week.
This recipe is full of beans, that are high in protein and veggies to get all your vitamins and minerals – paired with some kind of carb source e.g. wholegrain pasta, sweet potato or quinoa this is a perfectly balanced meal.
Ingredients: Serves 4 generously
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tin of Kidney Beans
- 1 tin of Borlotti Beans
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 tsp @nudespice spicy seasoning or any other that you have to hand
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut all your veggies into smallish chunks.
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan, then add the veggies.
- Once all the veggies have softened add in the beans, chopped tomatoes, and tomato puree.
- Fill the tomato can and fill it with water to get all of the remaining juice, add half the tin to the mix.
- Add the spice mix.
- Give it all a good mix together and let it simmer for around 15-20 mins until it has thickened up.
- Season to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with wholegrain pasta, sweet potato, cous cous or whatever floats your boat.