If any one tries to tell me that chocolate and peanut butter isn’t a good combination I just don’t think we could be friends!! But seriously, my favourite chocolate is Reece’s peanut butter cups…nothing can beat them! This weekend though I thought I would make my own as they are so simple and are much better for you!
You will only need two ingredients to make these little beauties it is that simple. It is important to use a good quality dark chocolate, as it contains less sugar and also contains more antioxidants, but you can really choose whatever chocolate you want. They come together in about 15 mins and are the perfect after dinner treat or 4pm pick me up!
- Bar of Dark Chocolate
- Peanut Butter – I used Meridian Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring regularly and making sure you don’t burn it.
- Spoon a small amount of the chocolate into the bottom of a muffin case.
- Place in the fridge for 10 mins then spoon a small amount of peanut butter on top.
- Cover the peanut butter with the remaining chocolate and tap on the bench a couple of times to make sure it is every spread out.
- Place in the fridge for another 5 mins until all the chocolate is set.
- And you are good to go!