It has been quite some time since my last recipe, and for that I apologise. But the Christmas season and festivities got the better of me and I simply didn’t have time…which in my opinion is how the holidays should be, spent with family and friends!
Anyway, kicking of 2017 with an absolute cracker of a recipe for you! Lemon and blueberry muffins, made with creamy natural yoghurt and zesty lemons which pack a zingy punch…whats not to like? I admit a little spring like for January, but who doesn’t like starting the count down to sun and summer a little early?
These muffins are refined sugar free, and are only made with a small amount of butter which can be subbed for dairy free butter if necessary. They are so light and fluffy, with the yoghurt making it super moist and simply delicious. As a bonus there are no fancy ingredients that you won’t already have…with perhaps the exception of some kind of unrefined sugar substitute. Perfect for grabbing on the go, a quick light breakfast or a healthy mid day snack!
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 Ground Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Unrefined Liquid Sweetener of Choice e.g. Maple Syrup, Agave Nectar.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Juice and zest of 1 and a half Lemons
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter (at room temp.)
- 4 Tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Large handfuls of Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients – apart from the blueberries – until all combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and pour in the wet mix, stirring together until all combined.
- Add the blueberries and stir.
- Evenly divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 30 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.