I think every student considers pesto pasta as a staple in their diet and the height of their culinary repertoire. But I am here to change that with this super simple and speedy homemade pea and avocado pesto pasta. Its as simple as throwing all the ingredients in a blender and cooking up some pasta.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 mug full of Defrosted Peas
- Handful of basil leaves and stalks
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 tsp Dried Herbs
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Servings of Pasta of choice (I have used Edamame Fettuccine – but your favourite is just as good!)
- Handful of chopped tender stem broccoli
- Chuck all the ingredients for the pesto (so everything apart from the pasta and broccoli) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- If it is getting a little stuck add a drizzle of water until it blends smoothly.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions – adding the broccoli to the pan for the last 5 mins of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the heat in the pan and add the pesto.
- Heat gently until the pesto is warmed.
- Serve up and enjoy.