I have porridge nearly every morning for breakfast without fail. It warms my tummy, especially in these winter months and I find it is the perfect fuel to start my day as it keep me full for a very long time! I am forever looking for new ways to spice up my breakfast and recently stumbled across this combo and couldn’t for the life of my think why on earth I hadn’t done it before!!
The maca gives the porridge a rich caramel flavour and the cinnamon adds a subtle warmth to the creamy oats. Enjoy on a wintery morning with a whole heap of your favourite toppings…get inventive with them and pick your favourites! I love fruit, of any variety, chia seeds, coconut, granola, raisins, maple syrup, peanut butter…you name it, I’ve probably had it on my porridge!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 1/2 cups of liquid I use half milk and half water – but you can choose all water or all milk if you prefer.
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds
+ any toppings of your choosing
- Pour the oats and liquid into a pan and cook on a medium heat for about 3-5 mins.
- The trick is to stir it often and not let it reach boiling.
- Once the oats have thickened up stir in the maca, cinnamon and chia seeds.
- Cook for another 1-2 mins before pouring into your bowl and enjoying!