This honey and soy marinated chicken is a perfect 15 minute dinner to whip together after a long day of revising and keep all your housemates happy, if you are willing to share! Perfect comfort food paired with some kind of pasta – I have mine with black bean pasta (pictured) or rice noodles.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Courgette
- 100g Tenderstem Broccoli
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 3 tsps runny Honey
- 3 tsps Soy Sauce
- 2 Portions of Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Start by mixing together the honey and soy, then add in the cubed chicken breasts. Leave to marinate whilst you prepare the veg.
- Slice the courgette and pepper into thinnish slices and cut the tender stem broccoli in half.
- Heat up a frying pan, once its hot add a splash of oil and pour in your marinated chicken.
- Brown the chicken on all sides before adding in the rest of the veg.
- Cook the chicken and veg on a medium/high heat until the chicken is cooked through – you can tell when the middle of the fattest piece is piping hot, has turned opaque and the juices are running clear.
- Serve up with a side of noodles and enjoy!