These super delicious little bites of heaven really take the standard peanut butter cup to the next level. They are so oozy and melt in the mouth…they will be a favourite with everyone I am sure!! Also they are so simple to make you wouldn’t believe it! So treat yourself and get baking this weekend and have a great selection of snacks throughout the week.
The berry chia jam is so easy to make and uses frozen berries which are accessible and cheap all year round! The chia seeds absorb all the delicious berry juice and act as a binding agent. It really is simple and quick but if you are stuck for time you can always use a low sugar jam that is already made.
Ingredients: Makes about 15
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 75g Peanut Butter -I vote crunchy every time, but you can use which ever nut butter is your favourite.
- 100g Frozen Berries
- 3-4 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp Honey/ Maple Syrup
- Melt half of the chocolate in the Microwave – taking care not to burn and stirring every 30 seconds.
- Once melted, spoon a small amount into a paper cupcake case and spread out evenly.
- Fill as many of the cases that you can with the melted chocolate and place onto a baking tray.
- Tap the baking tray full of chocolate lined cases on the kitchen surface a couple of times to spread the chocolate layer evenly.
- Place in the fridge to set for about 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the berry chia jam by placing the berries in a bowl with about 50ml water.
- Microwave for about 2 mins until the berries are defrosted and have broken down.
- Using a fork, mush the berries together before adding the chia seeds and mixing thoroughly. Add the sweetener here – can use any of your choice but I think maple syrup works best.
- Leave to set for about 10 mins until a jam consistency is reached, add more chia seeds if needed.
- Melt the remaining chocolate before spooning a small about of peanut butter and chia jam into each cooled chocolate case.
- Add some more melted chocolate on top and cool in the fridge for about 30 mins until completely set.