With Easter just around the corner it is time to start thinking about baking all the delicious Easter treats that come with it! Although I am more of a savoury person to sweet I do love indulging in chocolate every now and again and there is no better opportunity than Easter.
These little Easter nests are so simple to make and are a great activity for the whole family including little hands. They are not healthy by any stretch of the imagination but they sure are tasty and you definitely won’t be able to stop munching on them!
- 8 large Shredded Wheat
- 250g Marshmallows
- 50g Butter
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 1 large bag of Mini Eggs
- Place the shredded wheat biscuits in a large bowl and crumble with your hands leaving no lumps.
- Melt the butter and marshmallow together in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a separate bowl in the microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the melted marshmallow mix and stir together.
- Stir the chocolate mix into the shredded wheat until it is all covered and comes together.
- Spoon into muffin cases and leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Add mini chocolate eggs to the top.