So I am pretty turmeric obsessed. I put it in pretty much anything; eggs, soups, porridge and yep you guessed it lattes! If you are unfamiliar with the almighty turmeric latte you might initially poo poo the idea as lets face it, it sounds pretty grim – a seasoning traditionally associated with curry should not be a drink. But that’s the point, its time to step out of the traditional boxes start being more experimental with foods and ingredients.
As well as being super tasty and warming and the perfect caffeine free drink option – turmeric is also outstandingly good for you! It contains excellent anti-inflammatory properties including curcumin. The black pepper in this recipe is essential, because although you can’t taste it, it is vital in helping the body absorb the curcumin into the blood stream.
Ingredients: For 1
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Grind Black Pepper
- 1tsp Maple Syrup (or more if needed)
- Pour all the ingredients into your favourite mug, adding some freshly boiled water about halfway full.
- Whisk together until everything is combined and dissolved.
- Heat some milk either in a saucepan on the stove or in a electric milk frother.
- Once the milk is as hot as you’d like – don’t burn it though – add it into your mug.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon and enjoy!