30 minute dinners are my saviour after a long day at university. I love getting home knowing that I can whip up a delicious meal in no time at all without having to faff around looking for something to munch on. I definitely have my staples that I cook pretty much every week without fail and turkey meatballs is one of them, they are so easy, tasty and packed full of protein.
Ingredients: Serves 2-3
- 250g Turkey Mince
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 medium Cauliflower
- Handle of Basil
- 100g Broccoli
- Start by finely dicing the onion and chilli before adding the mince into a bowl and mix together.
- Shape into ball shapes and fry in a pan with 1Tbsp oil.
- Brown on every side before adding the minced garlic and chopped tomatoes.
- Leave to simmer for 15 mins – seasoning the salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, grate the cauliflower florets with a box grater.
- When the meatballs are cooked through boil the broccoli until tender.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and fry the cauliflower and chopped basil for about 3-4 mins until warm and starting to brown.
- Season the rice with salt and pepper.
- Once the rice is cooked and the broccoli is drained serve everything together and enjoy.