In our family this tart is an essential summer BBQ staple, it is so simple to make and takes very little prep time – leaving plenty of time to relax in the garden or socialise with friends. The combination of goats cheese, pesto and red onion is an absolute classic that everyone will love.
- 1 pack of pre-made and rolled Puff Pastry
- 1 Red Onion
- 80g Goats Cheese
- Large Handful of Spinach
- 80g Green Pesto
- 6-7 Large Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Start by peeling and cutting the onion into thin slices.
- Fry in a pan with 1 tbsp of oil until golden and tender.
- To start assembling the tart unfold the pastry sheet and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Spread an even layer of pesto and then spinach leaves, before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 mins or until the pastry is crispy and golden.
- Cut into slices and enjoy