So often the pasta sauces that you buy on the supermarket shelves are full of so much sugar and unnecessary ingredients that aren’t great for your body. It is so easy to whip a up a batch of your own tomato sauce that you can keep in the fridge for up to a week – ready to go for any last minute mid week dinners.
This one has loads of hidden veggies and flavours it is a great accompaniment to pasta, veggies, fish or eggs. I promise that it won’t take more than 30 mins start to finish and it will taste delicious.
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/2 Red Chilli
- 1 Grated Carrot
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Start by finely dicing the onion and garlic and adding to a pan on a medium heat to soften.
- Next add in the grated carrot and finely diced chilli – giving it a good stir together.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato puree and a handful of chopped basil, as well as a can full of water.
- Mix it all together and season before leaving to simmer for 20 mins.
- Once the sauce has thickened up to your desired consistency check the seasoning is right and add to cooked and drained pasta.
- Serve straight away with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Any leftover sauce can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.