These little cheesy, corny fritters of heaven are the ultimate summer soul food and perfect accompaniments to any BBQ. They are made in under 10 mins and are great morning, noon or night. I promise that they will be a winner on any table and you will be making them time and time again.
Ingredients: Makes about 6 Fritters
- 1 can of Sweetcorn (325g)
- 1 Egg
- 50g Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 3 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 Spring Onion
- Salt and Pepper
- Dried Italian Herbs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Start by draining the sweetcorn adding it to a large bowl once drained.
- Finely slice the spring onion – using the white part for the fritters and saving a bit of the green leafy bit for the top.
- Add in the remaining ingredients into the corn and mix thoroughly.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tbsp of dried Italian herbs.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large frying pan.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and fry on a medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Repeat with the remainder of the mixture.