This week has been an absolute scorcher in the UK, so I decided to whip up these little ice treats to keep cool. I have seen many versions bouncing around the internet but these ones are my take on them…and they are literally the easiest thing ever. All you need is 2 main ingredients: bananas and dark chocolate, the toppings are up to you!
This is the perfect alternative to conventional ice cream if you are in need of a cooling snack but don’t want to have a full blown Mr Whippy!
- Ripe Bananas
- Melted Dark Chocolate
- Toppings of choice e.g. shredded coconut, raisins, goji berries, cranberries etc.
Need: Wooden lollipop sticks
- Peel your bananas and cut them in half horizontally.
- Take your wooden lollipop sticks and push them into the end of each banana half.
- Drizzle or dunk or bananas in the melted chocolate and then add your toppings.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.