I love granola so much…but I must spend a small fortune on it each month as I top up with all my favourites. It it so easy to make your own, not to mention cheaper, that is just as tasty as the shop bought ones and you know exactly what ingredients you are putting into it. As well as this, you can tailor it to your specific taste buds. Don’t like nuts? Love raisins? Hate the seeds they add in? Making your own removes this constant fear of chowing down on an unexpected almond whilst trying to enjoy your breakfast.
Granola is not only one of my favourite breakfast options but it is also my go to snack with greek yoghurt and some berries! Heaven in a bowl in my opinion.
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable/Sunflower Oil
- 3 Cups Oats
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Pecans
- 1/2 Cup of Chia Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Start my mixing your honey and oil together in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir together so that all of the oats are coated in the honey and oil mix.
- Spread thinly on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 mins before checking and turning over.
- Cook for another 5-10 mins until golden and crunchy.
- Leave to cool before storing in an airtight container.