The bees knees of all salads…the almighty chicken caeser. From the crispy croutons to the creamy dressing this is really the holy grail of all salads and nothing really compares.
This salad couldn’t be easier to make and has a slight healthy twist as the dressing is made from natural yoghurt reducing the saturated fat and calorie content. I think that the quality of the ingredients are really important in this recipe as with a simple salad as this, you want each component to really shine.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 Cooked Chicken Breast – cut into chunks
- 1 Baby Gem Lettuce
- 1 Slice Sourdough bread
- Goats Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Sprig of Coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Start by cutting the bread into chunks and placing on a baking tray.
- Drizzle the bread with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in the oven for about 10 mins at 200 degrees until golden and crispy. (Make sure to turn over halfway through).
- Wash and cut the gem lettuce before assembling with the cooked chicken in a bowl.
- Crumble over the goats cheese and anchovies.
- To make the dressing mix the yoghurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and finely chopped coriander.
- Add the cooked croutons to your salad and spoon over the dressing.