Raw. Vegan. Healthy. CHEESECAKE. I have wanted to create this recipe for such a long time and I was presented with the prefect opportunity on a lazy Sunday to get experimenting in the kitchen and safe to say it turned out amazingly well. The taste is so similar to a normal cheesecake as the lemon juice adds a tangy flavour with the strawberries adding a fruity, sweet touch.
The cheesecake is completely gluten, dairy and refined sugar free and so is suitable for many dietary requirements but I reckon all your family and friends will enjoy this! It is the perfect summer party dessert option and will go down an absolute treat.
- 1 Cup Dates
- 1 Cup Crushed Pecans (Can use whole ones just blitz them in your food processor until they are crushed up)
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- Cream-cheese layer
- 2 Cups Soaked Cashews (Soak in cold water for about 8 hours or overnight)
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 6 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 50g Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- Start by soaking your dates in boiling water for about 10 mins before draining and adding to your food processor.
- Add the crushed pecans and oatmeal and pulse in your food processor until it comes together to form a sticky dough.
- Press the dough into your greased cake tin and place in the fridge to set whilst you make the rest of the layers.
- Start by draining your cashews and adding into your (cleaned) food processor.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and lemon juice and blend until it is smooth and creamy.
- Remove about 1/3 of the mixture into a separate bowl.
- With the 2/3 in the food processor add in the frozen strawberries and blend again until it is smooth and there are no large chunks of strawberry left.
- Spoon the strawberry mix on top of the base in an even layer.
- Next blend together the cacao powder and remaining cashew mix until it is all mixed together.
- You may need to add some more maple syrup here to taste.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture over the strawberry layer taking care not to mix them together. (if it helps you can place the strawberry layer in the freezer for 10 mins before adding the chocolate layer).
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours before digging in!