French toast is one of those things that always feels so indulgent and fancy but actually it can be a perfectly balanced breakfast. There is protein from the eggs and protein powder, carbs from the bread and healthy fats from the egg yolks and butter it is cooked in. So in fact it is a great breakfast to have pre/post workout or anytime really! It is definitely one of my favourites and is so quick to make in the mornings when your brain hasn’t quite woken up yet! Not to mention it is also remarkably cheap to make as it contains very few ingredients that are inexpensive.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Scoop of SFN Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 Pieces of Bread
- Splash of Milk
- Knob of Butter to cook in
- Toppings of Choice: Banana, Berries, Peanut Butter, Coconut, Nutella etc.
- Start by cracking both the eggs into a shallow dish and whisking together adding in the protein powder and making sure it is all mixed together.
- Whilst you heat up the butter in the frying pan on a medium heat, soak one of the pieces of bread in the egg mixture – making sure both sides are covered.
- Fry the first piece of bread in the pan for about 2 mins on each side.
- Repeat with the second piece of bread.
- Stack your slices up high and add your favourite toppings before digging in.