I have seen the cookie dough made from chickpeas trends going around the internet for some time now and so naturally I had to try it out for myself. It is super easy to make and actually bears a similar resemblance to the real thing (although its obviously going to never be quite the same!). You can flavour it with any protein of your choice, so if you really want to push the boat out you could go for a really out-there one. But in this recipe I decided to stick with the traditional vanilla.
(Recipe adapted from http://www.tallyrye.com)
- 1 can of drained and rinsed Chickpeas (if you are like me then remove the skins as well -it is time consuming but tastes so much better)
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein (I use SFN Vanilla Whey)
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 50g Chocolate Chips
- Add all of the ingredients apart from the chocolate chips into your blender and pulse until every thing is combined and you are left with a slightly chunky texture.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 30 mins before digging in.