Summer is officially here! So light up the barbie, make some pimms and whip up these delicious green burgers for a summer weekend get together. These burgers are perfect for veggies and carnivores, perfectly juicy and flavourful gone are the days of dry and boring veggie alternatives.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas – rinsed and drained.
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 50g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup of Spinach
- 1 Egg
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 75g of Plain Flour
- 1 tsp of Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by finely chopping your red onion.
- Add all of the ingredients of a food processor along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whizz all the ingredients together until they form a green paste that has a fairly solid consistency.
- If the mixture is too wet add more flour until it is firm enough to shape into patties.
- Shape the mixture into patties and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with a little more flour and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cook on the BBQ or in a frying pan for about 4 mins on each side.
- Serve with your favourite burger accompaniments.