My daily rule of thumb is never leave the house without a snack. You never know when the hunger (or hanger in my case) might strike and so it is best to always be prepared so that you are not left in a purse draining situation in the nearest supermarket.
These protein balls are so easy to make and won’t cost the earth. Make them at the weekend and stay stoked up this summer with healthy protein packed snacks that will save you in a food emergency!
- 1 Cup Dates
- ½ Cup Oats
- 1 Scoop SFN Berry Lean Whey Protein
- ¼ Flaked Almonds
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ Frozen Raspberries
- Pulse the oats and dates together in a high speed blender until they resemble a fine crumb and have started to stick together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until they have all come together.
- It should be a sticky mix.
- Using clean hands and a spoon, scoop a little bit of mix and roll into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture – it should make about 12-13 little balls.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.