I love autumn. The changing leaves on the trees, the crisp frosty mornings, cosy nights in with a hearty stew and loge burning fires. But one thing I absolutely, without a doubt cannot stand is getting ill with the change of seasons. I don’t get ill often, that has to be said, so when I do I loath it. Sniffly noses and chesty coughs are my nemesis and I will do anything in my power to prevent these dreaded common colds with all my might. Having been plagued recently with a slight sniffle and head cold (yes I am being dramatic…I am ill, its allowed!) I set about introducing all my best winter cold busting recipes into my diet to try and rid the beast. One of my favourites is my immune boosting porridge, full of super greens powder and vanilla protein from SF Nutrition you can practically feel the goodness in your veins. Not to mention that porridge is an excellent winter warmer and a perfect post workout refuel. This is boost your miserable cold ridden mood instantly and will give you those extra vitamins and minerals you need to get you fighting fit in no time!
- 40g Oats
- 1 Scoop SF Nutrition Supergreens Powder
- 1 Scoop SF Nutrition Vanilla Protein Powder
- 200ml Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Banana
- Splash of Maple Syrup
- Start by adding your oats and milk into a saucepan and simmer gently over a medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Once the oats have been cooking for a couple of mins add in half the banana mashed up, the chia seeds, cinnamon, super greens and protein powder.
- Stir all the ingredients together and continue cooking gently, being careful to not let the oats boil, for a further 7-8 mins.
- Once the porridge has thickened up to the consistency you desire, remove from the heat and serve into a bowl.
- Top with the remaining banana sliced up, and some maple syrup.