Porridge is a winter staple in my diet in the winter, I pretty much have it every morning without fail. I love experimenting with different flavour combos, toppings and grains. Although I love oats and they will always be my go to, I have developed a new love for quinoa porridge. Using quinoa gives a slightly nuttier taste compared to oats and is a complete protein source. This recipe does take a little more times than regular oats to cook, so I love having this on the weekend or a day when I have a little more time to spare in the mornings.
- 1/4 cup of Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Maca Powder
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein
- Splash of Maple Syrup
- 1 Banana
- Toppings e.g fruit, peanut butter, coconut etc
- Pour your quinoa, milk and water into a saucepan and cook on a medium heat until the quinoa is puffed up and nearly all of the liquid has been absorbed – this will take about 10 mins.
- Once there is a little bit of liquid remaining add the cinnamon, protein powder, maca powder, maple syrup and half of the banana mashed up.
- Mix all the ingredients together – if it gets a little thick add a splash more milk.
- Once all the ingredients are incorporated together pour into a bowl and top with the rest of the banana sliced up and any other fruit/topping of your choice and dig in!