As the days get colder and darker I am on a constant mission to avoid winter illness at all costs. This immune boosting smoothie is packed full of anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric which is my absolute favourite jar in the spice cupboard, orange for loads of vitamin C and super greens powder for all those micronutrients to keep my body and immune system happy! This may sound like an odd combo – turmeric in a smoothie – but trust me its deeelish and the best way to start the day!
Ingredients: Makes 1
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 75g Frozen Mango
- 1 Satsuma
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 Cracks of Black Pepper
- 2 tsp SFN Supergreens Powder
- 1 Scoop SFN Vanilla Whey Protein
- 150 ml Liquid (I always think milk tastes better)
- Optional: 1 tsp Maca Powder
- Add all your ingredients into a high speed blender and whizz together until everything is all blended and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favourite ingredients e.g. fresh fruit, sprinkle of granola, nut butter, coconut shavings etc.