Chai is one of my favourite spices, there is so much depth and flavour and it goes with so many dishes. Traditionally, it is a blend of a whole host of spices that differs with every recipe but commonly includes, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. However, my recipe is a total cheat and uses cinnamon and all spice flavouring to get that distinctive nutty flavour. These pancakes are a great autumnal breakfast for the weekend when you have a little extra time in the morning. Alternatively, you can make a larger batch at the weekend and freeze some, just remove from the freezer and microwave until defrosted.
Ingredients: Makes about 12 pancakes
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1 Scoop SFN Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 40g Oats
- 50ml Milk
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until the mixture is smooth. You want it to be a thick-ish batter like american pancakes not english crepes.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a low-medium heat and pour little circles of mixture into the pan.
- Once bubbles start to form flip and cook on the other side for about 1 min.
- The trick is to cook low and slow – otherwise they burn very easily!
- Repeat the cooking process until all the mixture has been used.
- Stack em up high and top with yoghurt, berries and maple syrup!