One of my all time favourite childhood recipes has to be flapjacks. There was nothing better than coming into the kitchen after a long day at school and smelling the delicious, comforting smell of a freshly baked tray of flapjacks. Obviously being bias, my mum’s flapjacks were always far superior to any other, so gooey and the best treat, it was probably one of the first things I learnt to bake. I now don’t often eat golden syrup and treacle and so I created my own recipe with no refined sugar and the same great taste! These are as easy to make as the traditional recipe and are just as wonderful. Make a tray of these for the weekend and you invite people round for tea!
Ingredients: Makes 9 Squares
- 150g Oats
- 6 Dates
- 2 tsp Cinammon
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Start by pitting and soaking the dates in boiling water for 10 mins. Reserve the liquid.
- Blend all the ingredients together including 2 Tbsp of the water used to soak the dates.
- Once all combined and the dates are in small pieces, press into a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins.
- Once cooled you can drizzle some melted dark chocolate over the top for an extra chocolate hit!