Hash browns are the bomb, crispy on the outside, soft and pillowy on the inside. They also make the best base for any kind of topping. In this recipe they make the base for an amazing brunch dish with salmon, greek yoghurt and halloumi…pretty much all the makers of a fantastic brunch!
The recipe is pretty versatile and so you can use any root veggie you like e.g. sweet potatoes. They can also be made into big rostis or small mini ones to share around!
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Parsnips
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Tbsps of Chickpea flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Smoked Salmon
- 6 Slices Halloumi
- Start by grating the carrots and parsnips into a bowl then add the egg, chickpea flour and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together until they are all combined.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and scoop in a spoonful of mixture – cook on each side for about 4 mins until crispy and golden.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
- Cook the halloumi in the same pan until golden on both sides.
- Stack the rostis up and dollop with some greek yoghurt, a couple of slices of smoked salmon and halloumi slices. If you are feeling a little extra health on the cards sandwich some spinach between your rostis.