‘There is only one type of banana bread.’ Said no one ever. When it come to banana bread the world is your oyster and any combination goes. Pecan, peanut butter and chocolate, macadamia and cherry…literally anything. However, this recipe is dedicated to the humble and highly underrated chocolate and coffee combo, the perfect mix of sweetness and energy booster and probably the best breakfast I can think of!!
This recipe is gluten and refined sugar free and can easily be made dairy free by changing the butter for a dairy free alternative. The trick is also to make sure that your bananas are super duper ripe and spotty to maximise sweetness and yumminess.
- 3 Ripe Spotty Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Instant coffee dissolved in 50ml of boiling water
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Date Nectar
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter (can sub for dairy free butter)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a bowl, until all the big lumps have gone.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between additions to make sure that it is all combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients (apart from the chocolate) and mix thoroughly until it is all combined and any lumps of flour or banana are mixed in.
- Chop the chocolate into small chunks and stir into the mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for around 30-40 mins or until the top is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean if inserted into the cake.
- Enjoy! Its really that simple and is so tasty!