I don’t often have pancakes because I am not often blessed with the luxury of time in the morning. However, that isn’t to say that I don’t love them! When a lazy morning presents its sleepy head I jump at the opportunity to wake myself up with some pancakes. As you have probably guessed by the title of this recipe, these pancakes have a oozy and melty chocolate centre which make them even more delightful. For the centre of mine I used a little scoop of chocolate hazelnut spread, but it would work just as well with nutella or a square of dark chocolate.
Tip: if you are going to use a spread, place the jar in the fridge a few hours before (or overnight) so that it sets and is easier to scoop out onto the pancake.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1 scoop SFN Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 50ml Milk
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (I used Pip&Nut)
- Optional: 1 tsp Maca Powder
- Start by placing all of the ingredients, apart from your chocolate spread, into a blender.
- Blend together until a smooth and slightly thick batter has formed. If your batter is too thick add a splash more milk and if its too thin add a few more oats.
- Heat a non- stick pan over a medium heat before pouring in small dollops of pancake batter.
- Once the batter starts to form air bubbles in the pan on one side, add a half a tsp of chocolate spread into the middle of the pancake. Add a little more raw batter to cover the chocolate before carefully flipping over and cooking on the other side.
- Repeat this with the remaining pancake mix.
- Once all your pancakes are cooked, top with your favourite fruit and drizzle with maple syrup if you like before tucking in!