This recipe is really just an extension of my deep rooted love of turmeric. I would put turmeric on everything if I could! I don’t just love it for the amazing flavour that it adds to everything but also the anti-inflammatory properties it contains. Combined with the feta and crunchy seeds, this recipe is delicious. I made these originally as I was bored of taking the usual apple or protein ball into work as an afternoon snack or accompaniment to my lunch, I fancied something savoury after the sugar rush that is Christmas.
These muffins are super adaptable. This recipe uses spelt flour, but to be honest you can make them with any flour that you have, they are also vegan if you leave out the cheese and use dairy free milk. I love these for a little savoury snack but also they are great for dunking into a steaming bowl of soup.
- 300g Spelt Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 125ml Milk
- 1/2 cup Plain Yoghurt
- 100g Feta
- 1/2 cup of Mixed Seeds
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients, apart from the feta and seeds, in a bowl and mix together until everything is combined.
- Crumble the feta into the mix with the seeds and fold into the batter.
- Grease and line a muffin tray with butter and then evenly distribute the mix between 9 muffins.
- Before the muffins go in the oven you can also sprinkle some extra seeds on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins until golden and crisp on the top.
- Leave to cool or get that butter on whilst they are warm and toasty!