Everyone loves a biscuit with their afternoon cup of tea, morning coffee or pretty much anytime, these little chewy lemon and vanilla biscuits are perfect for any such occasion. This recipe is a one bowl, through it all in and mix together recipe which makes them perfect for whizzing together and baking in a flash. It literally is a 15 min recipe from start to finish.
These little biccys are not only vegan and gluten free but also protein packed, fresh and zingy from the lemon. I have made a big batch of these to take into work for the week, to hit that 4pm slump on the head. If you don’t have any protein powder just add 60g more ground almonds or playing flour.
- 2 Scoops SFN Vanilla Protein Powder
- 200g Ground Almonds
- 45ml (3 tbsp) Melted Butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients until a dough forms.
- Sprinkle flour or ground almonds onto a clean work surface and roll the dough out until it is about 1cm thick.
- Using a cutter, cut biscuit shapes out of the dough and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Once all the dough has been rolled and cut into circles, bake the biscuits in the oven for 6/7 mins until golden.
- Leave to cool for about 15 mins before digging in.