Flapjack is a staple in my house. We often came home from school when we were younger to our Mother frantically baking enough flapjack to feed a small army. Often prompting people to enquire whether there was a bake sale in the village that weekend? Nope…just a standard baking session to see our family through the week. This wasn’t unusual and flapjack was always the star of the show. Although I will never be able to come close to my Mum’s recipe, I have adapted it to be slightly healthier (e.g. doesn’t contain half a jar of golden syrup which FYI is the magic ingredient to a great flapjack) as well as adding in some protein to help curb the next snack craving for slightly longer.
- 250g Oats
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Scoops SFN Vegan Choc Protein
- 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 125g Butter (can be dairy free)
- 50g Maple Syrup
- 125g Honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Melt the butter, maple syrup and honey in a sauce pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the protein powder, oats, chia seeds and cacao powder.
- Add in the melted butter mix and stir together until all the oats are coated.
- Press into a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 mins
- Leave to cool completely before cutting and digging in!