Have you ever heard of Baobab? Well I hadn’t either until a couple of months ago and I have only just dug deep into my purse to fork out for some. It is a fruit that grows on a tree in Africa that is high in Vitamin C which helps to contribute to a healthy immune system as well as being high in fibre. Although you can find most of the health benefits that Baobab can find in many more ordinary and easy to source ingredients, I love trying new products and powders and have cupboards full of them. Baobab has a really tangy and lemony flavour and makes this porridge deliciously thick and creamy as well as giving it an amazing flavour.
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- 30g Oats
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Scoop SFN Vanilla Protein
- 1 tbsp Baobab Powder
- 200ml Milk
- Fresh Raspberries and peanut butter to top.
- Start by cooking your oats in the milk in a saucepan on the stove. Simmer gently for about 4 mins stirring regularly before adding the chia seeds, protein and baobab powder.
- Continue to cook for another 2 mins – stirring to make sure that all the ingredients are combined together.
- Pour into a bowl and serve up with some fruit and nut butter or a brownie ball if you are feeling a little crazy.