Brownies are always a crowd pleaser whether they are the cakey kind or the fudgy kind you can’t really go wrong. These brownies are of the cakey variety perfect to have with some yoghurt, ice cream or some fruit. They are gluten free and can easily be made dairy free as well buy using dairy free butter.
- 3 Eggs
- 6 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 200g Dark Chocolate (needs to be really good quality)
- 75g Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Heaped tbsp of Ground Almonds
- 50g Chocolate Chips
- 3 tsp Almond Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Start by melting the chocolate and butter in a saucepan stirring regularly to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Once the chocolate and butter have melted leave to cool. Whilst it is cooling whisk the eggs and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- Add the chocolate mix to the eggs and stir together.
- Add in the baking powder and ground almonds and stir together before adding in chocolate chips.
- Pour the mix into a greaseproof paper lined tin.
- Add the spoonfuls of almond butter onto the top and swirl using a knife.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 mins until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the brownie.