Have you tried the new meatless meatballs from Leon’s? They are amazing! And if you haven’t then don’t worry as this recipe is my take on vegan meatballs and they sure are tasty. They are super easy to make and are amazingly flavourful – the perfect addition to a creamy pasta alfredo or a rich tomato ragu.
This recipe makes about 12 meatballs which is perfect for about 4 people or a few dinners during the week.
- 1 Aubergine
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 250g Mushrooms
- 1 Bunch of Coriander
- 4 Heaped Tbsp Plain Flour
- 20g Chopped Olives
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dried Herbs
- Start by chopping up the aubergine into small cubes and roasting in the oven with salt, pepper and olive oil at 200 degrees for about 25 mins until tender but not crispy.
- Whilst the aubergine is cooking finely slice the mushrooms, onion and garlic and fry in a large frying pan with the garlic and onion.
- Once the aubergine and mushroom mix is cooked add all the ingredients into a blender – including the flour, herbs, and olives.
- Pulse the ingredients until the mixture is thoroughly combined and forms a sticky dough.
- Take a spoonfuls of the mixture and shape into balls and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 mins until the meatballs are crispy and brown on the outside.
- Enjoy with pasta and a tomato sauce.