These burger buns are made using an enriched dough, making them soft, fluffy and delicious. They take a bit of time and an ounce of effort to make but the results are well worth it for a warm bun straight out of the oven in which to put your burger. Although this recipe makes two large buns, it can easily be doubled or tripled to make as many buns as you need!
- 120ml Oat Milk
- 29g Plant Based Butter
- 13g Sugar
- 2g Yeast
- 173g Flour (+ extra for dusting)
- Pinch Salt
- Start by melting your butter, once the butter is melted add the milk to the pan and heat for 30 seconds on a low heat to bring the temperature up to room temp.
- Add the melted butter mix and sugar to a large bowl and whisk together. Sprinkle the yeast on top in an even layer and set aside for 1 min.
- Next add only 150g of the flour to the milk mixture with the salt and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm area.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Once nearly doubled in size, mix in the remaining 23g of flour, then turn out onto a floured surface. Lightly knead the dough, you may need to add more flour if it starts to stick to the work surface. Knead the dough until it no longer sticks to the surface, it will take about 4-5 mins.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces and then roll into a ball. The easiest way to do this is to pull the corners into the centre of the dough before turning over and placing down on the surface. Using the palm of your hand and the friction of the counter, twist the dough round in a clockwise direction with your palms to the side of the ball of dough. This should leave you with a round ball that has a smooth surface on the top.
- Place your buns on a piece of baking paper on a baking tray and leave to rise again for 30 mins.
- Brush the top of your buns with oat milk and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake in the oven for 25 mins until puffed up and golden on the top.
- Serve with your favourite burger and my Sweet & Sticky Wedges.