This chocolate tart is the perfect indulgent treat to serve at a dinner party, as it is particularly fancy but only takes 25 mins to whip together. Olive oil and chocolate work really well together, especially with a high quality one like Fino. The slight peppery bitterness of the oil balances out the sweet rich chocolate beautifully.
- 250g Lotus Biscuits
- 50g Plant Based Butter
- 400g Plant Based Double Cream
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 360g Dark Chocolate
- 50g Fino Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
1. Make the base by blitzing the lotus biscuits in a food processor until they resemble a fine crumb. Reserve 35g of the biscuit crumbs to sprinkle on the top later.
2. Melt the butter and stir into the biscuit crumbs until fully combined. Pour into a greased tart tin. Spread evenly on the base and lightly press down with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge whilst you make the chocolate filling.
3. Heat the double cream and sugar in a sauce pan for about 5 mins until steaming and simmering slightly. Break the chocolate into small pieces. Remove the cream from the heat and add in the dark chocolate chunks.
4. Stir the chocolate into the cream until it is melted and fully combined. Add in a good pinch of sea salt and the olive oil and stir to combine.
5. Pour the chocolate filling on the biscuit base and place in the fridge for 3-4 hours until set and easily cut with a knife. Sprinkle over the biscuit crumbs before serving.