This recipe is the absolute bees knees, it is the holy grail of all chocolate cups. These little cups are the best treat at the end of a long day or the perfect accompaniment to a 4pm cup of tea. The best part is that they are made from all natural ingredients with no refined sugar, no gluten or dairy. The recipe couldn’t be easier to make and is bound to be a crowd pleaser with all your friends.
A top tip would be to use silicone cupcake liners as they make it easier to remove and leaves the chocolate nice and shiny.
Ingredients: Makes 8
- 100g Cashew Paste
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 30g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 tsbp of Coconut oil
- 3 tsbp Cacao Powder
- 8 Silione cupcake liners
- Start by making the cookie dough centre by mixing the cashew paste, vanilla extract a tiny pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of maple syrup – save the rest for the chocolate.
- Once the cookie dough is all combined add in the chocolate chips and stir together then set aside whilst you make the chocolate.
- To make the chocolate, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan, once melted remove from the heat and whisk in the remaining maple syrup and cacao powder.
- Once all the lumps have dissolved pour a tsp of chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Place in the freezer to set for about 15 mins.
- Once the base has set, press a small amount of cookie dough into the bottom and them pour over enough chocolate to just cover the top.
- Repeat with the remaining cookie dough until all the cases are filled.
- Place back in the freezer for about 30 mins until the chocolate has set.