Recently, Portlebay Popcorn asked me to create a recipe with their popcorn, and I just had to say yes! Popcorn is one of my favourite snacks and their delicious and innovative flavours where just too good to not to try. I wanted to use one of the more unusual flavours and what is more exciting than lemon sherbet popcorn? Therefore these chocolate lemon biscuit bites were formed.
I am not going to lie to you, this was one of those recipes where I just made it up as I went along and it turned out pretty darn good. A cheesecake style biscuit base with a chewy lemon cashew middle and a crispy chocolate topping. But of course the creme de la creme of this recipe is the lemon sherbet popcorn, that proudly sits on top.
To find out more about Portlebay’s fantastic flavours and where to buy there popcorn go to there website HERE.
Ingredients: Makes 9 bites
- 100g Cashew Butter
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 3 tsp Lemon Extract (can adapt to taste)
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Flour (or Ground Almonds works well too)
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Digestive biscuits
- 75g Vegan Butter
- Start by mixing together the cashew butter, coconut, lemon extract and coconut flour in a bowl.
- If the mixture is a little thick you can add a splash of water and mix again.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water – be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl crush the digestives with a rolling pin until they resemble a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add to the biscuit crumb. Mix together until the biscuit is coated in butter and sticking together.
- Evenly distribute the biscuit mix between 9 round silicon moulds – press it into the bottom.
- Next add 1tsp of cashew mixture onto the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Finally add a spoonful of melted chocolate to the top and then a sprinkle of Portlebay Lemon Sherbet Popcorn.
- Leave to set in the freezer for about 30 mins before tucking in!